Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day Dreams

A small white board by my computer has the word "DREAM" written on it in big bold letters. Underneath the word, dream, is the phrase "Think big and start small." My eyes have either gazed or glanced at this board daily for the past year.  A few other key phrases have been added surrounding the action words of dream, think and start. When I first wrote the word, dream, a year ago, it was meant to inspire me to open up to the many possibilities present in every moment. Realizing there are limiting circumstances to my life, I wanted to take small steps without compromising the overall dream or desire, so I added the caveat phrase.
Dreamboard

Building my labyrinth, speaks to the inspiration of one dream that has been realized this past year. After clearing the space in the backyard, I visualized the finished stone path, started collecting a few stones and engaged my friends and family to gather stones as well. Several months later it was completed and blessed on the spring equinox. Dreaming is not something I have allowed myself to do much of over the course of my life. Things feel very different now. I am reminded of something I wrote down, "The speed with which any dream may be realized is always a function of how small the miracles have to be in order not to freak out the dreamer." Hmmmm....worth pondering.

Labyrinth from my bedroom window

Going back to school is something I wasn't sure about, but it seems the universe conspired again to let this dream be a reality. So far, I am doing quite well, at least the feedback has been positive. I don't think I have quite let this one sink in yet. I still have finals to get through.

Lauryn and Joni (her favorite Aunt on Dad's side)

Thanksgiving Day has come and gone and this year it was very important for me to be with my nuclear family. Not everyone was able to be together and so it was bittersweet and not quite complete, but a joyful time of connection for those present. For those apart, the remembrance is held in a handful of quietness. The autumn days are coming to a close and it will be time for the winter journey, finishing out this last year and final entries to the blog. This is a dream come true as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment